Over the last twenty years or so, a lot of smoking bans have been passed. In many places, there isn't a single bar or restaurant where you can light up. That can make it challenging if you like to enjoy a cigarette once in a while. To help you figure out smoking in a nonsmoking world, I am going to write several blogs on that topic. For example, i'm not old enough to remember when smoking was allowed on planes, but I'm old enough to hate the delay between when the plane lands and how long it takes to get outside. As a business traveler, I've found that a stick of nicotine gum can help. I'm also going to write about smoking alternatives like vaping. I hope you like these posts -- happy smoking.
It's difficult to avoid ingesting or being exposed to toxins in the air you breathe or in food you eat in today's society. Just walking around outside can put you in the path of second-hand smoke, car and truck exhaust and industrial pollutants. Fortunately, there are easy ways you can help your system get ride of these toxins, such as consuming a regimen of detoxifying drinks.
Benefits of a detoxifying regimen
1. Getting rid of toxins in your body. The prime reason to detoxify your body is to get rid of toxins that can accumulate in your body as a result of breathing polluted air, eating processed foods, smoking, eating meat treated with hormones and consuming produce grown from GMA seeds. These toxins can cause a number of uncomfortable symptoms, such as bloating, headaches, constipation and mood swings. They can even contribute to potentially-life-threatening diseases, such as cancer and heart disease.
2. Boosting your energy level. It just makes sense that replacing a diet of sugars, meats, fats, caffeine and carbohydrates with fruits and vegetables will help you feel more alert and energized.
3. Control food cravings. A continual diet of sugar and fat makes you craves more and more of the same type of food. Consuming foods with sugar and carbohydrates releases serotonin in the blood (the "feel good" endorphin) and makes us want more and more of that substance. Going without these foods for 48 to 72 hours can dramatically reduce cravings, according to WedMD.
4. Reduce inflammation. Reducing your consumption of meat, dairy, white flour and simple grains, as with a detox drink, can help prevent the formation of Omega-6 fatty acids, which are believed to be the building blocks to inflammation. Inflammation can manifest itself in a number of ways, includes chronic conditions like arthritis, psoriasis and even coronary artery disease.
5. Improve your immune system. When you get rid of toxins in your body, your system is able to absorb nutrients more easily, especially vitamin C, which has been shown to improve your body's ability to fight off infection. A good detox regimen also includes herbs and other ingredients that are beneficial to your lymphatic system, your body's primary defence against disease.
While a detox drink is not the right choice for everyone, detoxifying your body can help reduce symptoms that come with toxins in the body, boost your energy level, help control your food cravings and even reduce inflammation.